Greetings new friends and visitors! I thought I’d start off my blog with a few getting to know me blogs.
I love Minecraft!
You probably don’t know this about me, but one of my favorite computer games is Minecraft. I know, you are thinking, but she’s a woman in her 30’s, what?!?!?! Well, that’s true. From what I can tell, a lot of Minecraft players are younger. Excuse me while I type in Minecraft demographics into Google…
“…the largest demographic is that of 15-21 year old’s, which comprise a vast 43% of the player base. the 22-30 year old age bracket consists of just over 21% of the base. Rounding out the top three is the under 15 age bracket, which averages to 20.59%.” Looks like I was right… well, enough on that tangent.
So, the thing that I love about Minecraft is building. It’s definitely the inner artist coming out. I have built tons of buildings and attempted to build some famous monuments like the Eiffel Tower. (I’ll try to find some screen shots of those and share them here someday.) Another thing that I love to build is actual Minecraft weapons and tools out of wooden blocks. They were so popular that I started selling them on my Etsy shop. It’s a little time consuming, but not too difficult to create yourself. Here’s the real life recipe for your very own Minecraft tools. You are welcome!
How To Make A Real Life Minecraft Tool
Your List of Supplies:
- 1/2 inch wooden blocks (You can find these at craft stores or lots of shops on Etsy)
- Wood glue
- Acrylic paint or craft paint
- Lots of time
Here’s the steps:
- Choose a Minecraft tool design.
- Count out how many wooden cubes you will need.
- Glue them together with wood glue in your chosen pattern.
- Paint them using craft or acrylic paints.
- Let dry and TADA! You now have an amazing gift for a friend or something cool to decorate with.
*For a cleaner look you can paint the cubes before gluing them together.