My family and I recently went on a much needed family vacation to San Diego and LA. We tried to see as much as possible, probably too much, cause we came back tired. Here’s a few photos from some of the places that we visited.
San Diego Zoo
- This is a must! My kids enjoyed it as much as a 1 and 3 year old can. Take strollers though, because there is a lot of walking and some hills.
La Jolla Tide Pools
- This was another favorite for the kids. My one year old especially loved splashing in the pools.
La Jolla Cove (where the seals are)
- It was fun to see the seals, or were they sea lions?, hmmm…. It was pretty smelly though. It’s a short walk from the parking lot to over look the cove.
Old Town State Historic Area
- There are a TON of cool little shops and cafes and restaurants here! I wish that I could have spent more time looking around. It’s great for little kids because there’s a grassy park in the middle of the historic area with no cars. The stores are all around the park.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- I was disappointed that the only ride we could do with the kids was the “African Tram.” This one goes on a dirt road around the very large animal enclosure. The other rides (where you go into the animal enclosure) were restricted to older kids and adults. We still got to see all of the animals and what kids doesn’t want to ride on something that looks like a train! It was only about 25 minutes too, so the little ones didn’t get too antsy.
Anza Borrego Desert State Park
- “The Slot” trail: this one was cool, but it was difficult to find. If you are in the area and want to walk down a skinny rock crevasse let me know and I’ll send you so better directions than I got. We walked on the wrong trail for over a mile into the desert with the kids and they were not super happy about it. Lol. It was an adventure though. If you like deserts than you’ll get a lot of good views and photos here!
Other things that we visited:
Kiesel Guitar Factory (my husband’s choice)
Walk of Fame in Hollywood
- Highly recommended for views of LA